| This article contains a subject better explained on other wikis|
Please go to this wiki to learn more about this subject.
Garry's Mod (abbr. Gmod or G-Mod) is a Source Engine sandbox physics game developed by Facepunch Studios and published by Valve Software. It is popular amongst TF2 Freak makers for its flexibility and ease-of-use, with its ability to manipulate props and ragdolls (characters) in 3D using the Physics Gun. While it is not an animation tool by itself, Gmod has been used as a virtual stop-motion studio, with each movement captured fram-by-frame, though several 3rd-party add-ons allow for real-time animating.
Pros and Cons
- Real-time manipulation of the environment.
- Several tools at one's disposal.
- Ability to add user-generated content.
- Limited by the Source Engine's capabilities.
- Does not support keyframe animating without an add-on.